A word from the Chairman | Governance | Values and strategy | Social responsibility | Annual reports
Compliance deals with 7 aspects in particular:
- Incorporating Congolese legislation as regards regulations and international norms concerning anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism into the bank's procedures and instructions.
- Checking requests to open an account and submitting them to the Compliance Committee for a decision
- Being responsible for ensuring that applications to open an account are in order
- Monitoring transactions to spot any that are dubious
- Providing staff training in compliance
- Checking that directives are observed by bank staff
- Acting as the focal point for communications by staff about dubious transactions and declaring these to the Central Bank of Congo.